- To examine policy, programs and other measures taken by the government for gender equality, women’s empowerment, political participation, representation; assess implementation and make suitable recommendations.
- To review all laws, rules, and regulations affecting the status of rights of women and suggest repeal, amendment, or new legislation essential to eliminate decimation, safeguard, and promote the interest of women and achieve gender equality before law in accordance with the constitution and obligations under international covenants and commitments.
- To sponsor, steer, encourage research to generate information, analysis and studies and maintain a database relating to women and gender issues to provide knowledge and awareness for national policy and strategic action for women empowerment
- To recommend to the government of Pakistan to sign and ratifying of international instruments designed to protect human rights.
- To develop and maintain interaction and dialogue with non-governmental organizations, experts and individuals in society and active association with similar commission and institutions in other countries for collaboration and action to achieve gender equality at the national, regional and international level.
- To mobilize grants from domestic and international including multi and bilateral agencies, for meeting any of its obligations or performing its functions.
- To monitor the implementation of international instruments that Pakistan has signed.
NCSW Literary Award 2018 for Young Women Writers
National Commission on the Status of Women is pleased to announce its first NCSW Literary Award 2018. The purpose of the Award is to encourage Pakistani women writers promoting women’s rights through their creative writings.
National Dialogue on Gender Gap in Electoral RollsISLAMABAD, Friday, December 15, 2017: The National Commission on The Status of Women (NCSW) organized a high level roundtable of policymakers on ‘Closing the Gender Gap in the Electoral Rolls’ on Friday.
Women's Voting in Upper DirISLAMABAD, Sunday, December 24, 2017: The National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) urges the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to declare the result of Union Council Darora, Tehsil Upper Dir, by-elections, held on Thursday, December 21, null and void as women of the area were denied of their basic right to vote.