Our strategies & Priorities
- Work and lobby with lawmakers, parliamentarians and other decision makers for promotion of laws and regulations aimed at empowering women in the social, economic and political spheres.
- Advocate, lobby and build coalitions and network for promoting women’s rights.
- Liaise with provincial commissions and concerned National and provincial organizations.
- Develop and maintain interactions/dialogue with non-governmental organizations, experts and individuals.
- Develop active association with similar commission and institutions in other countries.
- Ensuring the development of implementation mechanisms for laws passed in last five years. (2008-2012)
- Setting up complaints mechanism in NCSW.
- Developing monitoring mechanisms for implementations of laws.
- Undertaking select litigations, e.g. against Jirga’s, honor killing etc.
- Working with PBS for development of sex disaggregated data.
- Promoting enactment of pending legislations for women’s protections and empowerment.
Chairperson NCSW Ms. Khawar Muntaz chairing Women Human Rights Defenders Congress on 30th December 2016 at Islamabad
Women rights activists from across the country participated in a one-day Women Human Rights Defenders Congress on Tuesday, which was hosted by the Potohar Organisation for Development Advocacy (Poda) in collaboration with the European Union Delegation to Pakistan and UN-Women.