Resource Center is created with the vision to bring Social, Economic, Legal, Educational, and Political empowerment of women. This is possible by widespread societal awareness and dissemination of information that will enable women and men to challenge the dominance of ideas that support social and economic divisions on the basis of gender, class, religion, race and nationality.
Moving towards a gender sensitive and equity based society by advocating for change through:
a. Information Dissemination
b. Research & Publication
c. Sharing of Knowledge Resources
d. Capacity Building
The Resource Center is established with deep conviction that information is the route to empowering women and information activism the tool. Consequently, the goal of the Resource Center is to act as a hub of information on women related issues, policies, bills, ordinances, acts, laws, amendments, researches and publications which will be accessed manually and electronically.
1. To set up a documentation center which will develop and make available the resources at a single place to share them across National and International Organizations, Academia, Politicians, Judiciary, Media, and Community Development experts working on the same issues.
2. To act as a catalyst for making this state safe for women through Social, Economic, Legal, Educational, and Political empowerment.
3. The Center shall act as a platform for awareness generation on social issues relevant for women; disseminating knowledge about their rights, discriminatory laws, customary practices, privileges, opportunities and threats.
4. The Center will formulate efforts to build relationships, based on mutual trust, with social networks and groups working for the same cause.
The beneficiaries of the Resource Center would include:
1. All the Government Departments/Agencies concerned with women issues
2. Civil Society Organizations working for Women Empowerment and Rights
3. Legal and Health Experts
4. Vocational and Educational Experts